Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thrift-store Shopping...



This has been a great week for me so far! I invited my boss and co-workers over for a little lunch before work on Monday, and somehow I got that night off! I was ecstatic! I had a really rough and long night on Sunday that I didn't even think I could've work through another night at the restaurant. So the surprise day-off was a godsend! On top of that, I found out accidentally that one of my tags were among the features for one of the Storque articles! I was definitely pleasantly surprised and confused because it took me a couple of days to figure out which one it was. It was an article about the latest trends and things to look for, I'm very honored that my tags are part of this, click here for the article and to view the wonderful collection!

Anyway, my boyfriend and I went to the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse today in Oakland to see what they have right now, and we found some useful stuff. He wants to make some wind chimes with apothecary bottles that they have there, and I found an old-school trivet. So we both left happy! :)



(So cool! It stretches out!)

6 comments:

  1. Those apothecary bottles are awesome!! I love old bottles. Congrats on the Storque and your day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! The day off was much needed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love repurposing things and giving them new life. I'm hoping to do more of that in my shop. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading my blog, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new shabby chic brown flower pink tags. Beautiful and always in such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sabby! I hope you're doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete