Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Blast on Sunday!



So last Sunday was my SMASHED! Craft Fair/Party in my backyard, and I had a lot of fun! It was such a beautiful sunny day and I couldn't have ask for more. Along with my two crafty neighbors, we had three more vendors who set up their tables to sell their items. Sometimes, I forget how much better it is to see people's creations in person!

We set up a bar in one corner serving beer and Madras, and a table of food on the other. One of my friends, who's a chef, created a prawn dish and a marinated asparagus dish for the party, while my neighbor baked very delicious vegan muffins and cookies. Since the event was from 2 to 6pm, after we broke down our tables, most of our friends just gathered around our picnic table and continued the party until late in the night.

In retrospect, I wish we had a little more time to promote this event, but it was such a wonderful afternoon for all of us to enjoy: the beautiful Sunday outdoors, the company of our friends and new acquaintances, delicious food and refreshing drinks, and selling some items while doing it all!

Before I run, please check out my neighbor Megan's Etsy shop, Tapiseria. She makes the cutest jewelry using shrinky-dinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment